This role supports the delivery of high-quality communications to promote clients and their projects through digital, print and social media and manage their brands both internally and externally. The role also helps deliver against the company's marketing priorities.
This position will initially be based remotely but the office will be in central Bude and the position will be office-based in the coming months.
Location: Bude, Cornwall
Position: Full time
Salary: £24k+ per annum based on experience
- Support client's communications and marketing requirements, especially web and social media.
- Write quality SEO driven content for both social and online activities.
- Lead on the day to day maintenance of the websites. Develop ideas and work with relevant parties to gather information to enhance the existing content.
- Manage social media channels using tools such as Hootsuite.
- Create, edit and distribute monthly digital newsletter and internal communications.
- Support the development of marketing email campaigns.
- Input into the aesthetic design of the newsletters and email campaigns to project a professional and consistent image.
- Promote effective use of the client's brand, commissioning new work as needed.
- Support in the development of campaigns and collatoral.
- Use professional tools such as InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator to create or edit branded materials as appropriate e.g. leaflets, banners and business cards.
- Support the team in the commissioning of third-party designers to create promotional materials.
- Assist in other duties from time to time that are broadly consistent with this job description.
- Liaise with the client's sales teams to ensure campaigns are monitored and delivered effectively.
Essential skills and experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with specific awareness of writing for the web.
- Excellent time-management and planning skills.
- Evidenced ability to market clients effectively.
- Experience publishing content to websites and online channels via content management systems.
- Experience managing relationships with clients and freelancers.
- Using social media tools to engage with stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain and develop relationships with a diverse range of people and organisations.
- Excellent ICT skills, including the ability to learn new systems and maximise benefits of existing systems.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to work flexibly in a pressurised environment and the agility to handle a varied, diverse and full workload.
- An understanding of the demands and challenges of working in a small organisation and the ability to work as part of a growing team.
- A confident and resourceful approach to work and in dealing with a wide range of internal and external contacts.
- Creativity, enthusiasm and flexibility.
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience of working with WordPress, email marketing software such as Campaign Monitor, Mailchimp or HTML skills would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of best practice of social media usage, and SEO.
- Experience of using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
To apply, please complete the form here.